Keeping your skin in shape during the ultimate bare-it-all season can be a struggle, especially in South Florida. Between bikinis, short shorts and strappy sundresses, even the most meticulous sunscreen-appliers will likely acquire an uncomfortable sunburn at some point this season. When overexposure strikes, soothe your skin with a customized Dermalogica Après-Sun skin treatment at McAllister Spa.
As opposed to a facial, which Dermalogica classifies as something indulgent or pampering, a skin treatment is a custom-built regimen designed by an expert skin therapist, catering to an individual’s specific needs for unparalleled results.
Each Après-Sun treatment begins with a unique custom Face Mapping, in which a McAllister paramedical aesthetician analyzes the skin in depth, taking factors such as gender, age, skin concerns and frequency of breakouts into account, to design a custom combination of products and techniques to be used throughout the treatment. With skin-type nailed down, the skin therapist will go to town erasing signs of sun damage, soothing irritation and regenerating the epidermal layer to restore skin’s radiant, beautiful & healthy glow.
What the Treatment Includes…
The process begins with a gentle exfoliation to help shed dead skin buildup and previous sun damage. The McAllister skin therapist will then perform a double cleansing to remove pore-clogging buildup and rid skin of bacteria, before making necessary extractions and employing a tailor-made massage and masque technique to lend a healthier, more radiant glow to the complexion.
To soothe lackluster, sun-parched skin, the Apres-Sun treatment concludes with Dermalogica’s After Sun Repair, a cooling treatment balm to help remedy damage from exposure to UV sunlight. The lightweight gel moisturizes the skin to help shorten recovery time while calming extracts soothe and refresh:
- Lavender Extract: Possesses tissue regeneration and healing properties to provide quick and effective burn relief
- Yucca Extract: Rich with saponins, known to increase the body’s production of cortisone, a natural anti-inflammatory
- Chamomile Extract: Able to penetrate multiple skin layers to soothe redness and irritation, alleviate itchiness and reduce swelling caused by UV damage
- Cucumber Extract: Rich in natural antioxidants and analgesics, which work to effectively soothe, cool, and repair UV-damaged skin
- Aloe Vera: Penetrates multiple layers of skin to deliver eight life-giving enzymes and 20 powerful amino acids, to deliver powerful anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and immune-stimulating benefits