Keeping your skin in shape during the ultimate bare-it-all season can be a struggle, especially in South Florida. Between bikinis, short shorts and strappy sundresses, even the most meticulous sunscreen-appliers will likely acquire an uncomfortable sunburn at some point this season. When overexposure strikes, soothe your skin with a customized Dermalogica Après-Sun skin treatment at McAllister Spa.
As opposed to a facial, which Dermalogica classifies as something indulgent or pampering, a skin treatment is a custom-built regimen designed by an expert skin therapist, catering to an individual’s specific needs for unparalleled results.
Each Après-Sun treatment begins with a unique custom Face Mapping, in which a McAllister paramedical aesthetician analyzes the skin in depth, taking factors such as gender, age, skin concerns and frequency of breakouts into account, to design a custom combination of products and techniques to be used throughout the treatment. With skin-type nailed down, the skin therapist will go to town erasing signs of sun damage, soothing irritation and regenerating the epidermal layer to restore skin’s radiant, beautiful & healthy glow.
What the Treatment Includes…
The process begins with a gentle exfoliation to help shed dead skin buildup and previous sun damage. The McAllister skin therapist will then perform a double cleansing to remove pore-clogging buildup and rid skin of bacteria, before making necessary extractions and employing a tailor-made massage and masque technique to lend a healthier, more radiant glow to the complexion.
To soothe lackluster, sun-parched skin, the Apres-Sun treatment concludes with Dermalogica’s After Sun Repair, a cooling treatment balm to help remedy damage from exposure to UV sunlight. The lightweight gel moisturizes the skin to help shorten recovery time while calming extracts soothe and refresh:
- Lavender Extract: Possesses tissue regeneration and healing properties to provide quick and effective burn relief
- Yucca Extract: Rich with saponins, known to increase the body’s production of cortisone, a natural anti-inflammatory
- Chamomile Extract: Able to penetrate multiple skin layers to soothe redness and irritation, alleviate itchiness and reduce swelling caused by UV damage
- Cucumber Extract: Rich in natural antioxidants and analgesics, which work to effectively soothe, cool, and repair UV-damaged skin
- Aloe Vera: Penetrates multiple layers of skin to deliver eight life-giving enzymes and 20 powerful amino acids, to deliver powerful anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and immune-stimulating benefits
More than a decade ago, William McAllister hatched an idea to disrupt the beauty salon industry in Miami Beach. He contemplated what salons once were in years gone by. He yearned to recapture their unique contributions to both personal beauty & community. In the past 10 years, he’s forever changed the industry, and according to him, he’s just getting started! He draws from a unique background – encompassing everything from neurophysiology, business to firefighting- and built South Beach’s busiest & most reviewed beauty concept in South Florida.